How much does a dental implant cost? Does insurance pay for dental implants?
Dental implant surgery is operated to replace the damaged or missing teeth. This surgery is also done to fill the gap between the teeth, and these problems are solved with the help of dental bridges, crowns, and dentures. The dental implant procedure takes time as it is not a few hours of procedure in one day. It depends on the condition and requirement of the teeth. This process can take months to complete, and one has to go to a dental clinic whenever the surgeon calls for the dental implantation.
Types of dental implants
Subperiosteal– These types of dental implants are placed above the jawbone but under the gums. Dental bridges and dentures are used by the dentist to fix and fill the gap in the teeth.
Endosteal- These implants are installed in the jawbone with the help of a dentist. Strong bone density is required to place this dental implant in the jawbone. These implants are commonly made of titanium, and look like tiny screws. Then, an artificial tooth is placed on it.
Cost of dental implants
The cost of dental implants depends on the types of implants, such as dental crowns, bridges, or dentures. The dental clinics are now offering discounts and packages to not cost high for the patients. It is nowadays a very common issue, and dentists can fix it easily. The cost of dental implants depends on many factors.
- The type of brand chosen for the implant.
- The goodwill of the doctor and the clinic.
- The type of implant recommended by the dentist
- It depends on how many teeth need implants
The surgery includes the cost of dental implants, the doctor’s charges for performing surgery, and how many gaps need filling. After knowing about these all, one can find the cost of the procedure through estimation because the doctor can only tell you the exact cost of the surgery. You can also take the idea of the cost of your state or country from the internet. Sometimes, costs are higher if there is more dental practice and effort required.
Insurance coverage for dental implants
- Most insurance companies do not cover dental implants costs in the normal dental insurance, but cosmetic dental insurance policy does cover the cost of dental implants.
- Firstly, make sure that you already have the dental insurance policy before losing your teeth. Insurance companies will let you buy the insurance policy after losing the teeth because it directly means you are buying the insurance for the dental implant surgery.
- Check whether the cost of cosmetic implant surgery is included in the policy or not. Some companies only cover the cost of implants, not the examination and doctor fees.
- If you already have insurance before any teeth damage, you can expect the insurance company to cover your surgery expenses.
- Remember, the policy will not cover the full amount of the implant surgery. It will cover only half of the cost of your treatment that means only 50% of the cost.
- Some insurance companies cover more than 50% of the cost, and it depends upon the procedure and terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
- After paying by yourself, you can apply for the insurance coverage with the help of the dental clinic, and don’t forget to send the necessary documents and bills to the insurance company because it can lead to rejection of cost coverage.
- If you are unsure about whether a policy will cover the cost of implants or not, you can talk to your policy agent and confirm it with them.
Yes, dental insurance policies cover the cost of dental implant surgery, but it depends on their terms and conditions whether the procedure cost will be covered or not. You can ask your agent or direct the company by calling or e-mail to clear the confusion and be sure about it.
As we discussed, the cost of dental implants depends on various factors, and we can only get to know the exact cost from the surgery hospital or clinic. This procedure will cost you less if you have a dental insurance policy because it covers the cost of dental implants.